Wednesday, September 7, 2016

T5W: 5 Book Characters I'd Want as a Family

Top 5 Wednesday

This was a surprisingly hard topic - I can think of quite a few book characters I'd like to have as boyfriends - but characters I'd want as part of my family? That was a bit tough. So is it any surprise the majority of my picks are from Harry Potter?

In no particular order:

5) Jo March from Little Women - Sister
Image result for jo little women

We all know that Jo is the best character from Little Women - she's smart, bookish, and playful. She's the character I'm most like so it would be nice to have a sister who I could talk about books with - then again we might be too similar and would just end up competing with each other.

4) Amy Dunne from Gone Girl - Aunt
Image result for amy dunne

Okay, hear me out on this one - if Amy Dunne was your aunt and somebody fucked with you, you know she would take care of it. And by take care of it I mean murder the bastard. The only downside would be that if you crossed her, you'd end up in a ditch somewhere with your brains blown out. Still, having Aunt Amy around is bound to have its perks. 

3) Dumbledore from Harry Potter - Grandfather
Image result for dumbledore

I feel like if Dumbledore was my grandfather, he would amuse me as a kid with simple magic tricks like conjuring up bubbles that never popped or making my teddy bear sing to me. Then, as I got older he would pass on his words of wisdom whenever I got into trouble. Plus, he would have a never-ending supply of sherbet lemons. 

2) Remus Lupin and Sirius Black from Harry Potter - Uncles
Image result for remus lupin sirius black

This pair would be such great uncles - Uncle Sirius would be the fun one and levitate the kids off the roof while Uncle Remus would be the slightly anxious one and be the one the kids went to when they inevitably got hurt. And yes, in my scenario, they are a couple.

1) Fred and George Weasley from Harry Potter - Brothers
Image result for fred and george weasley

I've never known what it's like to have a brother and I think having the Weasley twins as older brothers would be such a blast! Of course, they would probably tease me a lot and play pranks on me all the time but they'd also be really protective and have my back when I really needed them.

Top 5 Wednesday Goodreads group.

No comments:

Post a Comment