Tuesday, August 2, 2016

TTT: Books I'd Buy Right This Second if Someone Handed Me a Fully Loaded Gift Card

 

Seeing as I have over a 1000 books on my wishlist (I'm not even kidding) it was kind of hard to narrow it down to ten. Somehow I managed by whittling it down to the ten books that are currently at the top of my (very long) wishlist:

In no particular order:

1) The Fireman by Joe Hill
The Fireman

I've yet to read anything by Joe Hill but, considering that he is Stephen King's son, I have a feeling that I'll love his work. I've collected all the books that he's published so far except his latest one, just released this year. It's supposed to be an epic post-apocalyptic novel and I cannot wait to add it to my bookshelf.

2) The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories by Ken Liu
The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories

I've seen this book several times during my frequent forays into bookstores and I've been tempted to walk out with it every time. Ken Liu has gotten some serious buzz lately and I'm intrigued to read his collection of short stories. Plus, I love the look of the minimalist cover with the adorable origami tiger.

3) Wonderbook: The Illustrated Guide to Creating Imaginative Fiction by Jeff VanderMeer
Wonderbook: The Illustrated Guide to Creating Imaginative Fiction

I'm an aspiring writer of imaginative fiction. I need this book. Why haven't I bought it yet? Get your sh*t together, self!

4) The Summer Dragon by Todd Lockwood
The Summer Dragon (The Evertide, #1)

THIS BOOK IS ABOUT DRAGONS!

5) Fool's Gold (The Dragon Lords #1) by Jon Hollins
Fool's Gold (The Dragon Lords #1)

SO IS THIS ONE!

6) In the Labyrinth of Drakes (The Memoirs of Lady Trent #4) by Marie Brennan
In the Labyrinth of Drakes (The Memoirs of Lady Trent #4)

ARE YOU NOTICING A CERTAIN THEME YET?

7) The Waking Fire (The Draconis Memoira #1) by Anthony Ryan
The Waking Fire (The Draconis Memoria, #1)

I'M SORRY, I JUST REALLY LOVE DRAGONS!

8) The Geek Feminist Revolution by Kameron Hurley
The Geek Feminist Revolution

This book is not about dragons but it is about geek culture and feminism, two things that I rate almost as high as dragons. Almost.

9) Classic Penguin: Cover to Cover by Paul Buckley
Classic Penguin: Cover to Cover

Any avid book collector knows that no one beats Penguin when it comes to beautifully designed covers. I'm dying to get my hands on this book so I can revel in the glory of beautiful book covers.

10) Harry Potter Scholastic Box Set by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter Boxset (Harry Potter, #1-7)

I've collected several Harry Potter sets over the years but I still haven't gotten my hands on a set of the classic Scholastic hardcovers. (I'm Canadian, so we got the British covers.)

What books are you dying to buy? Tell me in the comments below!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original bookish meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.


No comments:

Post a Comment