Monday, January 25, 2016

Suicide Reviews: Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy #5) by Richelle Mead

 Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) 

Synopsis: After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri's birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir's and to her best friend, Lissa. It is at long last graduation, and the girls can't wait for their real lives beyond the Academy's iron gates to begin. But Rose's heart still aches for Dimitri, and she knows he's out there somewhere.

She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are coming true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and now he is hunting her. And this time he won't rest until Rose joins him...forever.

Date Published: May 18, 2010
Published By: Razorbill
Number of Pages: 489
Rating: 4/5

I've had mixed feelings about the Vampire Academy series as I've been reading it but I can definitely say that Spirit Bound is my favorite book in the series so far.

There's so much action! Loads of drama! The plot hurtles along at a breakneck speed and I'm surprised I didn't rip any pages out, I was turning them so fast. Rose spends a lot of her time clashing with the Moroi Royal Court, the governing body responsible for all of vampire society. She's her usual badass, outspoken self and of course, this gets her into trouble. But would we want any less? 

I don't want to go into too much detail because I don't want to spoil anybody but I will say that the complicated relationship between Dimitri and Rose is the best part of the book. I've kind of been a lukewarm Dimitri/Rose shipper but, in Spirit Bound, their relationship just becomes so interesting that it is now impossible for me not to root for them. So much angst! But it's so juicy! 

The fifth installment in the Vampire Academy series is pure, ecstatic fun. I can't wait to see how it all ends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment